Login Form

Old Q2/200

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #987 by Caldwell
Old Q2/200 was created by Caldwell
Long message: I really don't know were to start,The Q2/200 I purchased out of CO. with foam blocks cut to size and a table and all parts for a Q2 -engine. after reading about people that have been flying these birds for 20some years. I almost don't want to write in this forum do to embarrassment.
I to started building a Q2 in 83. Later when the new canard was released I purchased the spars and belly board.
I finished the basic airframe, but shortly there after I lost my engine do to chapter 13 issues with Quickie Aircraft and that took the wind out from under my wings. After moving to less appropiate working conditions,and life in general the Queen sat. So my HQ has been stored for 20some years. But now to my questions.

What epoxies do builders use now?

And since I've aqquired a C85 with a tapered flange,what length of a prop exstintion would be recommended?

I would be interested in a set of engine mounts for the Q200.

I would really like to start up again, just need that kick in the aruss. Reading Sam Hoskins site has been refreshing.
Roger Caldwell B)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Caldwell. Reason: length of message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #988 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Old Q2/200
Roger,
Please, there is no need for embarrassment! I am the Editor for the Quickie Builders Association and I'm still intimidated by the guys who've been flying for 20 years! LOL! :unsure:

I don't think that will really go away until you've finished your Q and get to go out flying in it!

I decided to use Aeropoxy, but again my project isn't flying yet. Hopefully some of the other builders will chime in here with some answers. That way you can have a few more data points.

You might also consider joining the Q-List on Yahoo Groups. That seems to be the most active community for getting your questions answered. groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/

I'm trying to get people to post more here though. Hopefully this year I can get the two forums linked together. We'll see.

Also, feel free to post WANTED ads in the classified ads. They're free.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

PS: I've found that you shouldn't spend too much time worrying about where to begin. Just jump right in and do SOMETHING on the project.

It ALL needs to get done, so find something you KNOW how to do and just do it. Then once you have some momentum going you can tackle something you might think is a little trickier.

Remember we're here to support you if you have questions or need answers.

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by admin. Reason: added PS!

More
13 years 3 months ago #1007 by mskiby
Replied by mskiby on topic Re:Old Q2/200
Roger,

Welcome to the "again building group" I have also just started a project. About Epoxy. Both Aeropoxy and EZ Poxy are approved by RAF for builing these planes. I have been using Aeropoxy on an Eracer that I started, but am going to change to EZ Poxy for this project. I had a conversation with Klaus Savier at Lightspeed engineering and it was his recomendation also. I know that there is nothing wrong with the Aeropoxy it is just a preference. The EZ Poxy has the same nasty smell as the once Safety Poxy also.

I would think that a 5-6" prop extension would be OK. The 0200 kit came with a 5" and I may have an extra in a few days. You would need to purchase a standard taper to flange mount then put the extension on it. We ran an A-80 for several years on my wife's Vari Eze with a 4 inch extension with no problems.

Again welcome to the club and good luck. I am in Bakersfield CA and always willing to help if I can.

Talk to you soon.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1008 by Caldwell
Replied by Caldwell on topic Re:Old Q2/200
Mskidy, thanks for your response. Between the two epoxies could there be a price differance? On the prop flange do you mean that I have to go to a late o200 type flange? Is the extension hollow in the center for wieght or is it a solid billet?
Roger

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds