Login Form

Q200 kit.

More
13 years 6 months ago #961 by rwrogers
Q200 kit. was created by rwrogers
I have found a kit for sale but the seller iis not sure if it is a q200 for TriQ. He thinks it's a TriQ because he states there is hardly any negative camber on the Carbon fiber spar. Is there a difinitive way to know for I want a Q200. Does it make any difference. Are Carbon spars available of the Q200 LS1 canard and would the fuselage be the same for a Q200 or TriQ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #962 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q200 kit.
Hey RW,
I assume you referring to this ebay ad:

tinyurl.com/2b36j79

I agree that the anhedral on the CF spars looks a bit low. So perhaps the original builder did intend to build a Tri-Q. That being said, there are ways to build the LS1 canard for the Tri-Q without using the spars. In fact, using the spars on a Tri-Q is overkill since the canard no longer has to absorb the landing loads.

There isn't a good source for the CF spars anymore, but I'm thinking you could separate the ones in the auction and put them back together according to the plans for the taildragger. The spars normally come in two pieces that are joined by the builder using a specific layup schedule of UNI glass.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you require additional information.

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 6 months ago #963 by rwrogers
Replied by rwrogers on topic Re:Q200 kit.
Dan:

Yes that is the kit I was referring to. Are you saying that the fueselage in this kit could be used to build the tail dragger and that the spar could be split for the tail dragger LS1 Carnard. If so do you think this would be a good deal if I offered him $800.00.

Thanks, Bob.

More
13 years 6 months ago #964 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q200 kit.
Hey Bob,
You can definitely use the fuselage for the taildragger, there is no difference in fuselage for the Q-200, Q2, or Tri-Q.

I'm not guaranteeing that you can split the spar, I haven't seen it in person, and I don't know you from Adam. :) But I think it could be done, at least it makes sense that it could be done. IMHO.

Who knows, you might even find that the spar is rigged properly when you get it. Then again, you're always trusting the work of the previous builder. Hope that makes sense.

I think the kit would be a bargain at whatever you can negotiate. Then again, I am the editor of the Quickie Builders Association! LOL!

Hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds