Login Form

Q-200 dragonfly wings

More
13 years 7 months ago #938 by kfowler
Hi all i would like to build and fly a Q-200 but as i am a recreational pilot in Australia and restricted to 45kts stall speed the dragonfly meets this requirement but i like the quickie fuse shape buy add the 20 foot wing span from the dragonfly what do you think. i am hopping to use an ea81 engine buy a quickie kit as the fuse is mostly built also we are restriced to 544kg mtow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #939 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q-200 dragonfly wings
Hey there,
The last issue of Q-talk #141 (The Quickie Builders Association newsletter) had an article about just such a bird. It can be found in the online archive here:

www.quickheads.com/q-talk-index/

The full article is located here:

www.quickheads.com/q-talk-141-frankenq2.html

The owner says that it started to pitch buck around 43 kts, but you would obviously want to land much higher than that. Granted, I am not a proponent of making major changes like this. I also think anyone thinking about flying a Q should have many hours of flying experience under his/her belt in several types of aircraft.

As a recreational pilot, you may not have the experience. (But then again, I don't know enough about you to judge.)

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 7 months ago #940 by kfowler
Replied by kfowler on topic Re:Q-200 dragonfly wings
hi dan and thank you for your reply i was train in an aircraft with a 120 kt cruise my plane cruises at 90 kts my daughters plane crusies at 120 kts which i fly offen i really like the look of the q-200 but it is to fast for recreational in australia with the dragonfly wing being longer and the stall speed being around 48 mph it falls into the recreational cat in australia a lot of my flying is over long distance victoria to maningrida n.t. 1600 kms. with the dragonfly wing ls1 shape the top speed wiil come down but the up side if the q-2 would cruise at 130-140 kts i would be very happy. i have looked at a couple of kit on barnstormer web and sent email i have not recieved and replys if you here of any project for sale i would like to here about them glad to see the three first you achived in the news letter you must be over the moon thank you again keith

More
13 years 7 months ago #941 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q-200 dragonfly wings
There are also some kits located in the classified ads of this site:

www.quickheads.com/forsale.html

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 3 months ago #1009 by kfowler
hi all
i have purchased a q2 with the parts to make it into a tri-q . the elevator is built for the conventional gear i have the q200 carbon fibre main spar can the wing and elevator be extend to 21 feet
thanks for your input
Keith

More
12 years 8 months ago #1150 by kfowler
hi all just started to set the fus up and building bulk heads
keith

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds