Login Form

External resevoir for toe brakes

More
13 years 11 months ago #897 by eagleman328
Hello to everyone. This is my first post, though I am no stranger to the Quickie. I have been building a tri Q 200 for the last 20 years or so, here in the UK. Life just kept getting in the way. To my great suprise (and to that of all my friends and family) it is at last pretty much ready to fly.
During taxi trials I lost brake fluid on one side. I only discovered this when the brakes failed. Not good. I want to fit an external resevoir to the brakes so I can monitor the fluid level as part of the pre-flight. I seem to remember this being done sometime in the past. Anyone know how / got any good ideas? I can't work out how to get the fluid to flow to the brake units but not overflow once it gets there.

Hope someone out there may be able to help.

Huw Jones This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #898 by SammyQ2
I would suggest you go after the root cause of the leak. If your parts are old, they probably could use an overhaul, new seals, etc.

I think Jim Patillo has an external reservoir.

Sam

More
13 years 11 months ago #900 by quickieq2uk
Huw,

Do you have the airheart brakes? I had to strip mine down recently as I was having problems with them and found them to be full of residue.
Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'm in Somerset and have a Q2 which I am restoring.

Regards,

Simon Wilson

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds