Q2 front canopy release system

• amgvm
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #883 by amgvm
Q2 front canopy release system was created by amgvm
Hi all guys!

This is Agustin Millan from Spain. I am on the way to advance with the construction of my Q2. Right now I am with the canopy release system.

I would like to set up a front hinge canopy system (years of soaring with a ASK-21 made me to take this decission), instead to build the plane as per plans (side opening solution).

If anyone take a glance of the modification plans, you can not find a description of the release system. I need help with this. plans?pics?anything?Any idea?

Your help will be appreciated!!

Thank you for all fellows!!

Agustin Millan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #884 by gobxoy
Hi Agustin

Most forward canopies use two standard catches mounted one each side to the rear of the canopy. Some use over centre cabinet catches. Some put additional catches at the front to hold the forward edge down as well to stop the air leaking.

The Q gets some lift off the canopy so it needs to be secure.

I used a similar system to a Lancair, but it was a lot of work, and used plastic tool box catches as a secondary catches. Picture attached of secondary.

Hope this helps Clive....................... Gobxoy

GoBxoy

More
14 years 1 week ago #895 by eagleman328
I have a forward hinged canopy that has a quick release system using two pins that can be pulled from the cockpit. If that is what you are looking for I am happy to let you have plans and photos.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• amgvm
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #922 by amgvm
Replied by amgvm on topic Re:Q2 front canopy release system
Hello!

Thanks for the information!! I would appreciate to have some pictures of this canopy release system, and the plans also.

Thank you very much for your help

Agustin

More
13 years 10 months ago #925 by eagleman328
No Problem at all, but I am just about to leave the house for a two week break, and the boat won't wait so I can't do it now. Sorry. Let me have your email and I will do it as soon as I get back.

• amgvm
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #926 by amgvm
Replied by amgvm on topic Re:Q2 front canopy release system
Do not worry, I can wait of course.
My mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Your help is very appreciated!!!

Agustin Millan
Barcelona-Spain

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds