Login Form

Q-2 and a Subaru engine?

More
14 years 2 months ago #872 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Has anyone put a Subaru engine on the Q2 and if so what has to be done to do so? I have a 130 HP engine ready to go and a budget that will not permit me buying a 0-200 unless it is for my c-140 project that is missing FWF. I want to get this bird back in the air before Airventure 2010 in hopes there will be more then just one there this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #873 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q-2 and a Subaru engine?
Hi there,
Yes, Jon Finley successfully put a Subaru engine in a Q-2. You can find his website here:

www.finleyweb.net/JonsStuff/Q2AircraftInfo.aspx

I will post a link to his website in the links section of this website shortly:

www.quickheads.com/Links/Other-Quickie-Builder-Sites/

In addition, Jon wrote an extensive article about his installation in the Quickie Builders Association Newsletters. (Issues 84, 85, and 86) Covering some of the more technical aspects of the installation.

Current paid members of QBA have instant access to issues 85 and 86 right now in the online newsletter archive.

To join QBA please click here:

www.quickheads.com/join-QBA.html

You will have instant access to these and more issues of the QBA newsletter. You can also purchase print versions of the newsletters directly from the previous editors by visiting this page:

www.quickheads.com/backissu.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds