Login Form

quickie plans

More
14 years 3 months ago #853 by dror
quickie plans was created by dror
Hello
I am interested in a quick build option or Dragon Flea and I have a few questions:
1. Assuming you can not buy kit, can purchase the materials and parts and created based on information in plans?
2. Are there plans for the Trio?
3. Can adjust the construction of new materials like S fiberglas Carbon?
Thanks
Solomon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #854 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:quickie plans
Hi dror,
I get these kind of questions a lot. So please read other posts I've made in the forums and also the FAQs for more detailed answers. You can also read the plans online for free if you'd like to determine for yourself if you could build one of these from scratch. Just an FYI, there isn't any information about the Dragonfly here (yet) just Quickies.

Answer to Question #1 is here:

www.quickheads.com/12-q2q-200-forum/681-im-new-from-scrath.html

Question #2, I assume you mean the Tri-Q? I don't currently have plans posted for the Tri-Q on this site, but I know that parts are still available to convert from the tailgragger. I believe Scott Swing has the plans and parts.

Question #3: You could build a plane out of Peanut Butter, but then you'd end up with a plane with unknown flying qualities. It would be MUCH better (and safer) to start with a known quantity and then venture from there. (If you feel inclined.)

Since taking over as the editor for the Quickie Builders Association I feel inclined to tell everyone to stick to the plans as much as possible. Anything else is an accident waiting to happen, and several FATAL accidents have occured when people thought they were making innocent changes to the designs.

Stay safe. If you have any further questions, I'd be more than happy to help. You might also condsider becoming a member of the Quickie Builders Association so that you'll have access to much more information. You can sign up by clicking here .

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
www.quickhead.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by admin.

More
14 years 3 months ago #855 by dror
Replied by dror on topic Re:quickie plans
Thanks Dan
I accept your recommendation and intends to registerto the Quickie Builders Association forum. I have a lot to learn and I intend to go over the material on this site.
Another question, do you think building a quickie as first plane is the right choice or should check building another airplane?
thanks Again.

More
14 years 3 months ago #863 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:quickie plans
Dror,
I am repairing a Q-200 as my first plane. However, I can't really answer the question of whether or not it is the right plane for you to start building.

I have no knowledge of your particular skills. I do feel confident that if you're "good with your hands" (meaning that you are mechanically inclined) and you are capable of following directions, I think it's possible that you would enjoy building a Quickie.

Not sure if this answers your question though. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 8 months ago #937 by aero_dan
Greetings Dan,
Since this thread was started, has anybody contacted Scott Swing for copies of the Tri-Q? How would I contact him? I am slow navigating this site and you have so much history and resources, I will undoubtedly go to the wrong place first and stumble accross it later. But Is there a short answer?
"The other Dan"

More
12 years 11 months ago #1107 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:quickie plans
Scott can be contacted via Velocity Aircraft .

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds