Login Form

Q2 cabin room

More
14 years 5 months ago #830 by squidmarks
Q2 cabin room was created by squidmarks
Hello all,

I'm new to Quickies and have been looking at building a Cozy IV. A Cozy builder suggested that I have a look at Quickies as there are a lot of projects/planes that can be had for not much money. After doing a little research on the Quickie, I've been pretty impressed with it. My only concern is the cabin size. While I understand that these are not going to be expansive, will a Q2 cabin fit my 6'4" frame? I did seen on the plans that it will fit someone 6'8", but that seems like a bit of a stretch.

Can anybody comment on the relative cabin size b/w a Q2 and the front seats of a Cozy IV?

If anyone has a Q2 or Q200 project or plane for sale, let me know.

Thanks.

Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #833 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q2 cabin room
Hey Geoff,
Thanks for making a post in the forums! I apologize for not responding earlier. I have been working diligently behind the scenes in order to get this site ready for me to take over as edotior of the Quickie Builders Association in 2010.

At any rate, QAC did stretch the truth a bit about accomodations for very tall pilots. However, I know they talked about changing the angle of the seat back bulkhead to give some more head room.

Ultimately, I would try to find a Q-2 or Q-200 somewhere nearby to sit in and see if it's comfortable. I think most of us short guys end up craning our necks to see outside the cockpit during taxi testing, so height might be an advantage up to a point.

Check out Joseph Snow's website .

Let me know what you think. I recommend looking on eBay, barnstormers, or craigslist for kits right now. They show up fairly frequently. (In fact they may even appear in the banner on the left from time to time.) ;)

Cheers,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
14 years 4 months ago #838 by squidmarks
Replied by squidmarks on topic Re:Q2 cabin room
Since my original post, I was able to sit in a Q2. I was able to slither into the seat and, although the pedals were too forward, there appeared to be lots of leg room if I were to move them back. The width of the cabin was definitely cozy, but manageable. Unfortunately, I had to tilt my head 45deg to close the canopy. The builder was much shorter and had quite a bit of cushioning on the seat, so I might have been able to make it a bit better, but I don't think I could get it to the point where I'd be real comfortable.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds