Login Form

Is anyone interested in a better Q2 Kit?

More
8 years 1 month ago #1507 by California Dave
Nate,

Thanks again for everything- I have a way better picture now as far as what is possible. I'll also start up another thread as far as prepping an old kit.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1509 by admin
Nate and Dave,
Thanks for all the back and forth . . . I think there is some good information in both of your posts, but I just urge caution. Do your research, it is called EXPERIMENTAL for a reason, and ultimately it's your butt on the line.

That being said, in one of my earlier post in this thread I referenced the FAQ . . . I think this will answer some of the most common questions.

Also, John Loram has compiled a complete parts list for a Q2 that should help you determine if the kit you purchased is complete.

I will work on the "Before you buy" page again someday. It points to an old website from Sam Hoskins that is now defunct. I have the materials from that site . . . just need to get them posted.

In addition, I am working on a Calendar that can be updated by members. That will help it stay up to date. There are things going on. ;-)

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
8 years 1 month ago #1510 by California Dave
Sounds great, Dan. Thank you.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1516 by AlanThomas
Of course if we are really interested in a low-cost Q2 could set the way to do it would be to get a group together and sauce all the parts from China.

I will be going to China to a city that manufactures a lots of both large commercial aircraft right down to small to seaters for export which of course has the knock-on effect of quality assurance when purchasing the relevant componentry. If we have real interest I would be more than happy to initiate the relevant enquiries so we can determine whether or not we have something that is feasible. My background is in mechanical design engineering owning my own modest sized engineering company designing and building computer-controlled processing and packaging machinery, but now cashed up and retired.

Of course in China you can buy whatever you want whether it be absolute cheap rubbish or of a quality that you would be quite happy flying to the moon on, literally.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1517 by NateD2
Which city in China?

More
8 years 1 month ago #1522 by scheevel
Phil Lankford is already in partnership with a Chinese firm, producing a modified Q-2 in a Chinese factory. It has a Europa style single centered retractable wheel. You should contact him on the Yahoo-group Q-perfomance list.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds