Login Form

*3D Modeling of the Q2 Help Needed

More
14 years 4 months ago #798 by NateD2
I'm in the process of updating the Q2 and Q200 prints in hopes to generate a set of prints that can more easily be constructed.

As the first step in this process I have taken the plans offered on this site and traced them into CAD files which I then turned into a 3D model of the fuselage.

The fuselage is modeled in its rough (but nice looking) form. I need the following:

1) Feedback on what I have, whether it looks "right".

2) Some people to measure things on their Q2s and Q200s and to compare to what I have in my CAD model (my goals is to make the CAD model as accurate as can be considering this is a kit).

3) I am about to start modeling the wings and landing gear. I am in need of more information on the airfoils and wing specifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4) I need some more information on the canopy that was included with the kit. I have almost zero dimensional data from it. So I can either improvise or try to reproduce the original shape from data.

Once I have the basic shape of the Airplane done I will begin finishing the actual construction details.

After that I will start on a set of prints.

The more questions the better I want to make this set of plans detailed enough that someone can more easily construct the aircraft.

I am hoping to set it up that anyone can send the drawing files to a CNC shop to have foam wire or laser cut to shape to build the fuselage.

Here is what I have so far:
s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv320/NateD2/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #801 by admin
Hey Nate,
I'm adding your pictures from PhotoBucket below just so people can see them without leaving the forums.

You can add photos to your forum posts by clicking the "Browse" button in the "Select Image File to attach" area below your posts. The image will upload to the website and display in the post wherever you had the cursor when you clicked it.

Hope this helps. Please let me know. This is good work you're doing.

Cheers,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
14 years 4 months ago #802 by NateD2
Dan,

I did not see a way to add multiple pictures. Is there a way?

More
14 years 4 months ago #803 by admin
I can do it since I have admin rights. However, you can do it by entering multiple posts in the same thread. Hope that makes sense.

I'm hoping that the next version of the forum software that I'm running will allow users to upload multiple files. I just don't want people to abuse the priveledge. (Innapropriate pictures etc.)

It's a balancing act I guess. :blush:

Thanks Nate,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
14 years 1 month ago #867 by Lemans
Hi Nate,

What program are you using?
It??s early for me as I need to finish a Q1 engine first, but
I like to build a sort of ??hybrid?? Q1-Q2 airplane.
You can think of it as a Q2 with a smaller fuselage for only one pilot
and a <40 hp engine.
In general, I build everything in CAD before I start building in real.
So, any drawing in DXF, DWG or INGS format would give me a rolling start.

Regards Johan

More
14 years 1 month ago #869 by NateD2
I'm thinking about building a larger Q-2. Perhaps a 4 or 6 seater.

Any thoughts?

Any requests?

Nate

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds