• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #795 by amgvm
Hi Dan!

Thanks for your help. I would appreciate some information-brief
description-pictures about:

1- Reinforcement braces between the canard and the fuselage

2- Swivel wheel optimization

3- Reflexer ?? how it works? How it affects the plane?

4- Vortex generators

5- How is the best way to align the main wheels to get best ground
performance?

(obviously if you are not able to help, don??t worry Dan), and don??t worry
> about the time. Only if you have time to answer.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

Agustin Millan

Barcelona-Spain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #796 by admin
Hey Augustin,
I'll do my best to answer or research your questions for you.

1. Reinforcement braces for the canard - I believe these were added only to the 0-200 powered Q-200's with LS1 canard. Others can and should chime in if I'm wrong about this. I have drawings of this for sale in the Q-200 templates I believe. (I can find out for you.) The drawings are also part of the LS1 plans addendum for the Q-200.

2. Swivel wheel optimization - I'm afraid I can't answer that, since I haven't installed the tailwheel on my plane yet. There is som discussion about this on the Q-list though, so please try asking there as well.

3 Reflexor - This is a device that makes both ailerons move up and down together. It creates extra lift on the main wing when the ailerons are reflexed down. It reduces lift on the main wing when they are reflexed up.

Reflexing down acts similar to FLAPS, reflexing up acts similar to SPOILERS. The reflexor is designed to slow landing speeds, and inprove ground handling. Again, I personally do not have experience with how they are used, so please ask on the Q-list for a better explanation. I'm sure this question has been asked many times, so please try doing a search first.

4 Wheel Alignment - Anyone who knows anything about this is using the "David Gall Wheel Alignment" method. This involves loading your Q to gross weight, and then ensuring that when you look through the axle holes you can see the axle whole on the other side of the the canard on both sides.

You can find "David Gall's" thesis on this on the quickiebuilder.org website. Please let me know if you have trouble finding it. (I'll provide a link if needed.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds