Login Form

LS1 Canard Alignment

More
14 years 6 months ago #791 by jmroadman
Can anyone provide some insight into the best way to align the templates fore and aft (to get the proper sweep) when building an LS1 canard? The templates have holes for string alignment, but the construction notes refer to a method on sheet (W-4-8/26/83) and mention to disregard the hole method. They talk about a "3.5 deg + sweep aft of the spars at the outboard tip," but this statement doesn't make sense to me.

Dan, I can't seem to find the (W-4-8/26/83) sheet in your Q2/Q-200 plans set. Did I miss it?

Using the string method, the trailing edge is not perpindicular to BL0 as was the original GU canard. Can anyone comment on what the leading edge or traling edge sweep should be for the LS1 canard please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• N200QT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #896 by N200QT
Replied by N200QT on topic Re:LS1 Canard Alignment
Do you still need the W-4 8/26/83 Appendix sheet? I have a copy and can get it scanned in to send to you. I also have a copy of the top and bottom fiberglass "cap" glass schedule dated 7/14/83 if you need that.

Neal

More
14 years 1 week ago #899 by SammyQ2
Replied by SammyQ2 on topic Re:LS1 Canard Alignment
It has been 6 months since your post. Did you figure it out?

Sam

More
13 years 11 months ago #917 by jmroadman
Replied by jmroadman on topic Re:LS1 Canard Alignment
Neal (and Sam),

I never did get a copy of that sheet. A scanned copy would be awesome. Thanks!

I noticed you're building that Q200 in Longmont. I live in Golden and go to school in Boulder. I'd love to come see your airplane sometime if you wouldn't mind.

~Jason

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds