Login Form

q 200

More
15 years 4 months ago #5 by cornmeg
q 200 was created by cornmeg
Hey I was reading the Q2 building manuel and saw that the fusalage was a part of the kit. Is there any templates around to build one or where would you start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #6 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:q 200
Hey Cornmeg,
It's true. The fuselage of the Q2 and Q-200 was supplied in the kits from QAC as four separate fuselage shells:

Top Front
Bottom Front
Top Rear
Bottom Rear

I have been trying to think of a way to describe them so that they can be built from templates, but I haven't come up with a way. (Yet.) :blush:

The originals were created in a mold and vacuum bagged. They have several compound curves and therefore would be kinda' tricky to build without making molds for them.

However, they show up on eBay every once in a while, and sometimes on barnstormers. If I find links to them, I will post them here on this website for everyone to see.

On the other hand, I'm pretty onfident that a Q1 could be built from scratch as it was more "plans built" than it ever was a "kit" per se. It would require a little ingenuity, but I think it could be done. I will be working on this concept over the coming weeks and months.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know. I appreciate your time and hope this finds you well.

Best regards,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
15 years 3 months ago #7 by nitsudls1
Replied by nitsudls1 on topic Re:q 200
Is there enough information in the plans(cordinancas)to construct the fuslage. I'm wanting to build a plane similar to a Lancair 235, and I've been thinking about joining a q2/200 fuslage with a conventional wing.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #8 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:q 200
No, there really isn't enough information in the Q-2 or Q-200 plans to build the fuselage from scratch. There is a 3-view drawing but that wouldn't help much.

The Q1 plans on the other hand have you build the fuselage from scratch.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager

www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by admin.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds