Login Form

Plans and serial number...

More
15 years 5 months ago #3 by maiconpas
Hi Dan,

I wold like to buy the set of plans to build my own quickie q2, those are not for informational porpouses.
How is the aircraft registration in this case?
I live in brazil and for registration I need a serial number or authorization from ho dign the project.
Can you support me to get this?
How can you get this for your quickie?

thaks for your attention.

Maicon Pasqualeto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 1 month ago #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Plans and serial number...
Just FYI. I replied to Maicon 4 weeks ago via e-mail, not realizing that the e-mail I recieved was generated by these forums. Below is the response I gave in case others have a similar question.

Hi Maicon,
The Q2 was not designed by Burt Rutan, but it was derived from the idea of the Q1. It was entirely conceived by QAC.

Despite what Burt told Roger, and what Roger repeated on the Q-list, I don't believe either design is technically in the public domain. However, QAC has not enforced its copyright protection of the plans, so that might hold legal implications as well. There are several sets of plans scattered throughout the internet that you can download for free. One place you can find them is here:

www.finleyweb.net/JonsStuff/QuickieQ2Docs/tabid/58/Default.aspx

However, Jon mearly wanted to help the Q community by making the information available. That PDF was created by someone else and is incomplete. The pictures are not legible, and it contains no construction templates. It would work if you are merely interested in viewing a copy of the plans for informational purposes.

However, I took three complete sets of plans and templates, and made my own PDF files from them. I have them posted for sale on my website here:

Q2 Construction Plans

I stand behind my work, and the process of getting these plans online took several hundred hours of my time. If you are serious about the design, I hope you'll consider supporting my work and purchasing a set of plans and templates from me.

I'm afraid I can't be much help in the way of providing a serial number or other authorization to build especially since I have no understanding of the legal system in Brazil.

In the United States people who are building thes planes will need to register themselves as both the designer and manufacturer, since the design is no longer supported by the original kit manufacturer. I would hope that your country would allow you to do something similar.

I really want to be a full-time promoter of this great airplane as much as I can, and your support will help me continue doing that. If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

I wish you the best of luck and hope this finds you well.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds