Login Form

O200 installation

More
12 years 7 months ago #1156 by wvshoem
O200 installation was created by wvshoem
Hello all. I was wondering if someone would be able/willing to provide me with the rear dimensions of the O200 motor mount. That is, the measurements of the part of the mount that attaches to the firewall. I want to see if they match those built into my plane. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Best,
William

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #1158 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
William, any chance you can post some pictures of your plane and what you are trying to work with?

Richard

More
12 years 7 months ago #1159 by wvshoem
Replied by wvshoem on topic Re: O200 installation
Richard - attached is a picture of the firewall. It looks nothing like what is in the Q2 plans as it is recessed almost 9" and as a different configuration for the engine mount attachment. I've also attache a picture of the entire airframe just for fun.
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #1161 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
William, is there a number I can give you a call at I think I know what you have. I just need a little more info. It would be best if you can be near the plane when we talk.

Richard
Fast Little Airplanes

More
12 years 7 months ago #1162 by wvshoem
Replied by wvshoem on topic Re: O200 installation

Thanks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #1163 by SammyQ2
Replied by SammyQ2 on topic Re: O200 installation
Please explain to me what the previous builder was trying to accomplish here. Why did he feel necessary to compromise the canard by cutting a huge chunk out of it?

Not trying to be an alarmist, but honestly, this looks like a great opportunity for a first-flight fatality if I ever saw one.

I assume this is an LS canard, but what looks like the spar is horizontal, like the GU canard.

Please help us out here.

Sam Hoskins
Q-200

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds