Login Form

Q-talk 99 - Honeycomb PVC

When you purchase PVC pipe for your fuel filler, be sure to carefully check what you are buying. There are at least two different types of PVC pipe out there. The one you want is solid PVC from the outside to the inside. The one you do not want is called Honeycomb PVC. If you look at the cut end of the second type, you will see a very thin white layer on the inside and the outside of the pipe with a slightly darker gray filler material in between. I am not sure the honeycomb material will stand up to aviation fuel.

You can order a printed copy of Q-talk #99 by using the Q-talk Back Issue Order Page.