Login Form

Q1 Parts List.

More
14 years 4 months ago #829 by NateD2
Replied by NateD2 on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Do you have any 3D Cad files or 2D prints of the parts you want to have made?

Let me know what you need. I do some of the 3D modeling work for the CNC shop I mentioned. So if you can send me the parts you want made and how many of them you need I can get you some quotes.

Additionally if you only have 2D drawings I can generate 3D models.

As far as wax castings go... I also have extra machining wax if you need any (I make my own).

Nate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #832 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Nate/Leon,
I just wanted to thank you both for keeping these threads going.

Leon I especially appreciate your uploads. I have been busily updating software on this site in preparation for me taking over as editor for the Quickie Builders Association in 2010 and just haven't had much chance to get caught up here in the forums! :)

I'll have more time after the start fo the new year.

Thanks again,
Dan Yager
www.quickhead.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 5 months ago #955 by Setag
Replied by Setag on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Have purchased a Q-1 but it doesn't have any of the metal parts included! have the templates for some of the parts, but none of the flight controls! Please advise.

Thanks Steve Gates :ohmy:

More
13 years 5 months ago #956 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Hey Steve,
Please contact Leon McAtee.

I've been trying to get him to make his parts available again! Maybe you will be the driving force for that! :)

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
13 years 5 months ago #957 by Leon
Replied by Leon on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
It's been a CRAZY summer. Just about the time I think I can get back to the shop to finish up the parts some new crisis erupts. Fortunately the wife has a good day job ;-) But fear not I WILL get them done.

I've been trying to kind of keep a low profile until I'm 100% ready to ship. I don't want to get anybody started off expecting to use something that just isn't ready.

On the plus side I've managed to take some of the bits of spare time to start teaching myself SolidWorks, which I will need to make CNC cut molds for a very interesting Quickie related project.

As for the parts list sheets, I've put that little project on hold. It's my opinion that what is needed is a complete redo of the Quickie construction manual incorporating all that has been learned along with some of my own ideas on how to build one quicker. Anything less is just wasted time - IMHO.

Unfortunately I don't think it would be ethical to publish until I have flight proven them on my own Quickie. So in the mean time don't be expecting to see much in the way of contribution to these forums. There is just too much work to do..............
==========
Leon

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1058 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Forgot to attach my spreadsheet back during the earlier discussions, so here it is. This is a unfinished work but gives part numbers and prices for many parts, or as close as I could find to them from what's available at AS&S and Wicks.

File Attachment:

File Name: Quickie_Pa...02-3.xls
File Size:92 KB

Please note: Compass part# called out in this list is for the Southern Hemisphere!

By the way, doing the spreadsheet was one of the reasons I've been quiet of late. By the time I added up the cost of buying the new parts and materials needed it looked way too expensive at today's prices. I'm leaning towards building a 2-place aircraft now, for better resale value. There won't be a lot more work in it and the costs will only be marginally higher. The higher running costs can be easier to bear since they're incurred gradually as the aircraft is used.

Of course if the USD keeps sinking I may change my mind. :-)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by haiqu. Reason: Update spreadsheet

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds