Login Form

Looking for wheels and specific engine mount

More
12 years 2 months ago #1223 by expresso
Hello,

I finally got a Q1 in Europe , not easy job ;)
I'm a low-bodget builder , and want to put an electric engic on it. Solution has already been chosen (brushless , 5kwh of standard lifepo4 batteries : 50kg) , aim is not to make a challenger for CAFE challenge but just a Q1 able to stay 15minutes in air
At this point I'm looking for light (nylon?) wheels , with brakes , 20mm axe , around 2 inches large , light of course
and also an engine mount supporting engine + batteries ...
for those who are curious here is a post where I expose the project www.velectris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=25037

looking for any assistance , advices ...

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1224 by admin
Nicolas,
It always scares me a bit when I hear "low budget" and "airplane" in the same post. Please note that Quickies have special flying characteristics and this conversion to electric power should not be taken lightly.

In my opinion, it will be very difficult for you to troubleshoot the powerplant, while trying to learn to fly the Quickie. I urge you to seek flying help from an experienced Quickie counselor. (There are a few in the U.K.)

Please give us some indication of your flying experience and engineering qualifications. I appreciate your time and enthusiasm, and hope this finds you well.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1225 by expresso
I have very few hours , I'm not so interested at the moment with flying (later..) , actually I just want to see it fly :)
low budget doesn't mean taking any risk. The Q1 is really well built , and parts to look after carefull like engine mount will be welded by professional with best appropriate material
my budget just doesn't allow like feuling , reconception of au quickie in carbon for instance.
My engine also , is just twice the price of agni brush engine , and beeing brushless , much more reliable now that high intensity controlers exist
With low budget , my Q1 will just fly less time (Lifepo4 batteries are also much safer than Lipo technology ... but cheaper , and heavier)
cuttings will never be made on safety , never!

I'm lookinbg for email of owner of
img560.imageshack.us/img560/6927/slravia010r.jpg

engine mount seems very close to what I need
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by expresso.

More
12 years 2 months ago #1226 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Nicolas,

If you would like some help getting that mount built we would like to help. I do know a bit about the Life batteries and would like to do more on the electric side of flying. We just have to much going on at this time with trying to get production on new Q kits up and going. However if your willing to share info as your project moves forward maybe we can work something out. Please feel free to email me off the forum at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Richard Kaczmarek
Fast Little Airplanes
The following user(s) said Thank You: expresso

More
12 years 2 months ago #1228 by expresso
thanks for your proposition Richard , I sent you an email a few days ago , maybe not well spelled? could you check please
regards

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1284 by expresso
Hello Richard , is everything ok ? I think some of my emails must be in your spam box lease check ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by expresso.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds