Login Form

Is anyone interested in a better Q2 Kit?

More
7 years 7 months ago #1544 by Mineart
New to this forum, I've been looking for a kit or plans built economical XC aircraft and came across the Q200 and dragonfly. I am thinking about purchasing the Q2/Q200 Information package for $100 and was wondering if this is all I need. From what I've heard the fuselage is the biggest endeavor to construct since there are no prefabricated shells. Can anyone give any light to how a first time builder would tackle a Q200 or Dragonfly?

Thanks,
Mark
Pella, IA
C177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1545 by scheevel
Hi Mark,

The best option would be to purchase a partially built or unbuilt kit. I have seen scores of these for sale online over the years. Many times, they are just the fuselage shells. The kit was originally sold by Quickie in 3 sub-kits in order to make it more affordable. The fuselage was the first of these. Many folks bought the fuselage and never went any farther. Just keep your eyes open and you will find the fuselage for sale somewhere. All of the other components can be acquired or built one way or another. Keep in mind that it is not an easy plane to complete and will take you thousands of hours. If you are not ready to devote several years at a minimum, you probably should not start. Take my word for it. I am about done and I have been at it for 32 years off and on.

Jay Scheevel
SN 2868 Q-200 (now a Tri-Q)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonMatcho

More
7 years 6 months ago #1552 by NateD2
So... its been a while since I've been on here. But, I finally bought a Q2.

So if anyone is interested I can continue my work to 3D model the Aircraft and hopefully make the data available.

The kit I bought is one of the original ones (complete with the original Q2 flight manual).

More
7 years 6 months ago #1553 by NateD2
I saw someone above asking about the fuselage construction.

I *think* if you are serious about building a fuselage I could finish the fuselage model I started 6 years ago to the point one could build a fuselage.

Does anyone know if the molds presently exist? Does Rich have them?

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds