Login Form

*3D Modeling of the Q2 Help Needed

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #890 by Lemans
Hi Nate,

I was preparing a series of articles about my engine(s)for the quickie newsletter but I was thrown into a new job a few weeks ago and my predecessor left a lot of garbage behind??
Most of my time now is spend on research, client contacts, redrawing projects, etc??
Good thing is, the company is specialized in machining complex parts and has laser - cutting equipment??
Ones the heat is off, I will continue my articles for Dan.

Just one thing I discovered during the last weeks; the today??s CNC machines build custom parts in very small quantities cheaper than you can buy mass production parts
on the market. So let??s start playing.

I??m not telling more, you can follow the whole story exclusively in the Quickheads Newsletters to come.

Lemans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #918 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Nate, Thought I would drop you a line. I have a friend that I informed what you were doing. He then showed me a robot that can cut the foam for the fuslage in two half and be ready for glass and would love to help if you would like. when your ready he would just need your CAD file. He to would like to see the Quickies make a come back.

Let me know if you are interrested and I'll get the two of you together.

Thanks
Richard

More
13 years 9 months ago #919 by NateD2
I would be interested. I haven't really worked on it lately due to time constraints. But I imagine I could finish up in the next 6 months or so.

What kind of machine is it and where is it located?

Also I will have to give some thought to where to obtain a huge block of foam to cut the fuselage from.

More
13 years 9 months ago #920 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
I would be willing to bet that Joe can get the the block of foam. Joe is just outside of Chicago, IL. The unit is a robot but that is all I know. If you would like I can give you his number. I know he would like to talk to you about it.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1695 by jrl1949
Nate,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I am at the point of copying your work, and could really use the data from the firewall to FS95. I am using Solidworks 2021.

John

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds