Login Form

Quickie Q2 RC 1/2,5

More
7 years 5 months ago #1556 by flyhawk
Quickie Q2 RC 1/2,5 was created by flyhawk
Hi to all,
My name is Frankie Valent and I´m a RC model builder from Slovakia in the middle of the Europe.
I would like to share with you my build, drawings and so on. I believe that will be interest for you, even it is only RC model, because I will use original airfoils and angles, and so on. With some little changes will be same as a real airplane.
I put together a lot of informations about quickie for some time. The big break trough was Sheevel Aerodynamic article. That is a really great article. It help me to understand correct decalage on Quickie and also angles of attack.
Aerodynamics for my model will be LS airfoil canard and Eppler for wing. The angle of attack will be 3 degrees canard, 2 degrees wing, which mean decalage -1 degree. Twist on wings will 1,5 degree trailing edge up. Engine will 0 degrees down and 2 degrees right.
I draw in work in Catia V5 so I will create my quickie in Catia and in reality. I´m familiar with Catia surfaces and it is great tool for doing such a kind of projects.
For base draw I found several monographs and 3 views, so I try to put them together and create my base drawings as much accurate, as it is possible.

Attachment 001.jpg not found

I already draw a base shape for wing and canard.

Attachment 002.jpg not found

Attachment 003.jpg not found

I right know a struggle with wheels pants and wheels.

Attachment 004.jpg not found

Since I realize that every quickie looks a little different, based on owner desires. I also decide for several graphic and try to create a 3D model as a Quickie looks. I had a three graphics N202SH, N102SD, N68DD. I choose after few days N68DD will be my graphic and my artwork. Do I will try to my 3D approximate to N68DD.
If some one of you have more photos from N68DD I will be really glad. I found only several photos and still some view or details I missed so far. hopefully some one will help me.

Greetings

Frankie
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1558 by flyhawk
Replied by flyhawk on topic Quickie Q2 RC 1/2,5
Hi all,
I finish wheel pants. It was a little bit fight, but I think that I won :)
Next step will be fuselage. This will take me some time to get it done right.

Attachment 005.jpg not found

Attachment 006.jpg not found

Attachment 008.jpg not found

Attachment 009.jpg not found

Attachment 010.jpg not found

Attachment 007.jpg not found

Greetings

Frankie
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by flyhawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds