Login Form

Q-2 ride needed, just finished my Q-2

More
12 years 2 months ago #1212 by bigdogpilot
I just finished my Q-2 and got Airworthiness Cert, would like a ride in a Q-2 for familiarization before I take mine up. Have done high speed taxi to 55 mph but would rather not take a chance with no lift off landing experience. ---Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #1213 by admin
Hey Mike,
There is a list of Q flight counselors under the SAFETY tab, click on "A Second Opinion":

www.quickheads.com/safety/finding-help

You should be able to contact someone fairly close to you. If you're having trouble making contact please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
12 years 2 months ago #1219 by admin
Sorry guys, I was doing some work on the database last night and lost a few posts in this thread.

Here's a recap:

BigDog said that there weren't any counselors near him.

I said that Jim Patillo lives near him in Las Vegas.

Jim responded last night with the following:

Mike, Give me a call @510-468-4891

Jim
N46JP Q200

I apologize for the mixup.

-Dan

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1220 by bigdogpilot
Thanks Dan, I will call Jim. Paul Spackman cautioned to not try to fly till I have some time in a Q, he offered his services but it's 900 miles to him. -Mike

More
12 years 2 months ago #1221 by admin
Mike,
Paul is giving you SAGE advice here. Please do not attempt to fly a Q without at least getting a ride (or a few) from someone. It's important to get the site picture right while landing.

Also, I'm not sure if you've read any of the safety articles on this site, but the ones listed in the latest newsletter would be a GREAT starting point:

www.quickheads.com/q-talk-index/q-talk-150-nov/dec-2011-index

These are not meant to scare you, but to help you learn from others mistakes. Just FYI.

Please let me know if I can be of any further service. Jim is a great guy, he took me up for one of my first flights in a Q.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #1222 by jim patillo
Mike,

I second that. Paul knows what he's talking about. Give me a call. I'm headed fo Reno but can receive calls in the air! Technology, ain't it great!

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200
1,000 + hr in this Q200
Attachments:

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds