Login Form

Is anyone interested in a better Q2 Kit?

More
8 years 10 months ago #1367 by admin
Hey AZ,
Just for everyone's benefit, I want to point you again to the FAQ. It demonstrates how at least one clever builder was able to build a Q2 fuselage using only the templates that come with the plans. It seems like a lot of work to me but it is possible.

Check that out here.

Also, I know there are lots of prebuilt fuselage shells floating around. QAC sold several thousand kits, and only a fraction of those were ever constructed. I would check barnstormers and eBay frequently. In addition, you can check out the classified ads here on this site.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1368 by jimrittinghouse
Yes, I'd be interested in the 3D CAD. would like to model in autodesk fusion 360 or similar. I'm thinking of a build and this would be perfect way to make design alterations.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1370 by barron
Hello I bought the Q2 stuff here only to discover I needed a mold of to build the aircraft. I fully understand the q2 and q1 are different but could one build a q1 with the dimensions of the q2 using the q2 wings and engine setup ? or am I insane ??

More
8 years 9 months ago #1371 by admin
You can build an airplane out of Peanut Butter and duct tape . . . but I'm not gonna fly with you. Hey they don't call it EXPERIMENTAL for nothing, but I think the best advice I've ever heard concerning these planes is "stick to the plans and known mods."

You'll have a fast efficient flying airplane a whole lot faster. There is 30 years of hard won lessons jammed into this website. It might be a good idea to search and read.

That's my 2 cents.

Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1493 by California Dave
Hello everyone- I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have any information on the status of a new Q200 kit?
I am interested in building one with a Jabiru engine, if a new kit has become available.

Thanks,

Dave
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by California Dave.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1494 by NateD2
Dan,

It's been a while. I still have the 3D model of my fuselage shells. I talked to Richard a while ago, but I haven't talked to him much in a while. I've got the project on the back burner awaiting time, and a place to make the first mock-up fuselage.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds