Login Form

Q1 Parts List.

More
14 years 6 months ago #734 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Hey Rob,
I still think it would be worthwhile to upload your completed spreadsheet. You should rename it "Australian Builders Only" or something.

Again, it would be a shame for other builders to repeat all the work you've done.

Cheers,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

PS - You're well on your way to earning a FREE T-shirt !

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #735 by SteveC68
Replied by SteveC68 on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
What's up with all of the rivets? There are over 300 rivets total of various sizes. I really didn't expect so many rivets.

More
14 years 6 months ago #739 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
admin wrote:

Hey Rob,
I still think it would be worthwhile to upload your completed spreadsheet. You should rename it "Australian Builders Only" or something.

Actually the further I get into this the more I realise that there are almost NO proven aircraft quality materials available here, and that buying everything from AS&S would be the smartest thing to do in the long run. So the spreadsheet will probably be uploaded when I'm finished.

I'm pricing everything at August 2009 prices to give potential builders an idea of costs, and including the materials for the trailer option which were not included in the spreadsheets.

Rob

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #740 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
SteveC68 wrote:

What's up with all of the rivets? There are over 300 rivets total of various sizes. I really didn't expect so many rivets.

Attaching the piepan to the firewall at 3/4" increments uses a lot of them. They're also used on the cowling. See chapter 17 - Engine installation.

Rob
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by haiqu.

More
14 years 6 months ago #745 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
haiqu wrote:

Actually the further I get into this the more I realise that there are almost NO proven aircraft quality materials available here, and that buying everything from AS&S would be the smartest thing to do in the long run. So the spreadsheet will probably be uploaded when I'm finished.

I'm pricing everything at August 2009 prices to give potential builders an idea of costs, and including the materials for the trailer option which were not included in the spreadsheets.

Rob

This is great Rob. Thank you so much! It would be nice for builders to be able to order everything at once. It would probably hold down the cost of shipping somewhat. Can't do much about the lag time though.

Maybe someday we could organize a revised set of plans that could get the builder working on parts that could be delivered by air while they're waiting for the epoxy to arrive? ;)

Just thinking out loud.

Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
14 years 4 months ago #816 by NateD2
Replied by NateD2 on topic Re:Q1 Parts List.
Steve,

Do you have an e-mail address for the guy making all the drawings of fabricated components?

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds